This is really sad that I have to resort to this. I want to do longer blog posts but I just spent the last few hours polishing up a report for work on Non-Compliance Exceptions Management....
So here's a brief summary of my awesome weekend:
- Valentine's Lunch at "Top of the Hub" with kiekre where I proposed 11 years ago that night. Gift was a copy of "The Saint" the movie we saw next door after dinner the same night.
- Birthday "Friday the 13th" party celebrating joyeous. Parking Fail. Parking Win. Several "Treehouse of Horrors", Beginning of really, really, bad 80s "Return of the Living Dead". Delicious Chocolate Banana Cake she made herself. (Note to self- get recipe. No one makes their own cake on their birthday.)
- Surprise invite by hahathor and eclecticavatar to see "Chocolate" at the Somerville Theatre. OMG most awesome movie ever. Not to mention most lame single-line review ever - see what I mean about needing more time to really write good reviews? See this movie. It rocks!!!
- Sleeping in and a specially-made dinner & dessert - my Valentine's gift.
- Cleaning the house, doing the laundry, washing dishes, cleaning the kitchen, collecting the trash, doing laundry.
- Out of sorts day...got up early and did weekly D&D run with wkdelong and had mini "Phineus & Ferb" marathon.
- Tried to focus on work paper I just finished minutes ago.
- Blurring together so far.
- Meeting group of like-minded parents (slowly) as a result of a uh Valentine's Social Function. REALLY excited.
- Finding a lot of my friends are down and need to talk - feeling really good about hopefully helping them through it, listening and talking with them.
- Had ahf and caulay over for dinner! OK, so it was takeout but they managed to survive two kids, right before bed time, then bed time and then even stayed to chat! Socialization is beautiful thing.
Tomorrow is BeanSec but I've got kid duty. Really want to go given the announcement of net Forensics acquisition of High Tower assets and Trustwave acquisition of Mirage NAC technology. Anyone about to babysit an 11mo old and a 5yr old? ;) Nah, daddy's turn. Mom gets to go out to dinner.
Friday there may be some socializing before my brother arrives Fri night or Sat to work on our Eastern MA Data Center (e.g. the DNS, Web and Email servers in my son's bedroom closet including a presently non-working Ubuntu storage server.) And of course, Auntie and Uncle time with W and C and harpnfiddle
is even coming up!